The Imperial Majesty,
Oba Dr. Babatunde Enitan Ogunwusi,
The Vice President of the Sagamu,
Patriots Dinner’s Club,
Dr. Bola Kalejaiye,
Trustee and members of the Sagamu Patriots Dinner’s Club,
Our wives, Dames of Patriots Dinner’s Club
The event that has brought us here today is simple but deep. We have come as members of Sagamu Patriots Dinner’s Club to investiture His Imperial Majesty Oba Dr. Babatunde Enitan Ogunwusi Ojaja II the Ooni of Ife the embodiment of the Progenitor of the Yoruba Race as our Grand Patron around whom we would ‘in honour bound’, now and in the future continue to adorn our race, our nation and our world with all our endowment as we continue to seek enlightment and advance the civilization of our race our country and mankind.
Remo is a community of thirty-three towns that migrated thousands of years ago, from Iremo in Ife on the instruction of our Progenitor, Oduduwa to establish new kingdoms, increase and replenish the earth. We successfully built the Remo community.
With a headquater around Sagamu (where Orisa gun amu ewa) and hence our name. We are delighted to be home to investiture – Kabiyesi.
We come as patriots; we believe in our country, we believe in our race and its continued contribution to the evolution and development of the country Nigeria. We imbibe the leadership that your Imperial Majesty has assumed in promoting peace within Yorubaland and across the entire country. We accept the responsibility as worthy sons and daughters to join in this crusade to bring peace within Yorubaland and across the nation, promote enlightments. It is for this purpose that we found your leadership style and posture so endearing and we are honoured to have your Imperial Majesty as the Grand Patron of this unique group of professionals intellectuals and people of outstanding achievement to be so gathered around the “table of honour” to pursue ideals of development and to devote our energies and resource for the upliftment of our culture, our environment, our community, our nation and mankind.
- Our Culture needs security, order and leisure so as to involve noble perception, knowledge and pursuit of happiness for which we are all committed.
- Happiness lies not in the mere possession of money; it lies in the joy of achievement, in the thrill of creative efforts. The joy and moral stimulation of work in our daily vocations, no longer must be forgotten in the mad chase of escalations profits and exchange rate profiteering. These dark days of this depressed economy will be worth all the cost on us if they teach us that our true destiny is not to be ministered unto but to minister to ourselves and to our fellow men. This nation must survive and the race must thrive.
- In our communities, a host of unemployed youth face the grim problem of survival and an equally great number toil with little return. We must remove them off the streets and create farming families and produce raw materials to feed our industries. The food we eat must come from our farming hands.
- Our greatest primary task is to promote enlightment, skill acquisition, culture and civility and put people to work. There would be no unsolvable problem if we face it wisely and courageously. It can be accomplished in part by directly recruiting into the farming population with improved tools accomplishing greatly needed projects to stimulate and reorganize the use of our natural resources while protecting the environment.
5 Hand in hand with all these we must recognize the overbalance of population drift to our urban centers and, by engaging in redistribution and endeavor to provide a better use of the land for those best fitted for the land. The task can be helped by definite efforts to raise the values of agricultural products and with this the power to purchase to meet human needs and well-being with dignity your Imperial Majesty.
- The Giant steps that have been made since the ascension of your Imperial Majesty to the throne of Oodua, have made waves nationally and internationally, must be encouraged and we want to encourage your Imperial Majesty to continue this effort with great strides in order for us to make progress, enhance over civilization and promote our culture that would make us contribute more to the upliftment of our youth, our polity and our resources.
- We take this opportunity to invite your Imperial Majesty to an inaugural dinner in Sagamu Remo when we the patriots, would play host to your Imperial Majesty at your earliest convenience.
Kabiyesi: We are most honoured to have your Imperial Majesty investiture as Grand Patron of our prestigious club that stands for excellence, enlightment and civility in all we do.
: We ask your Imperial Majesty and our Grand Patron to anoint us with your blessings for the task we have appointed for ourselves, among our youths, our community, the nation and humanity.
Prof. Gabriel Babatunde Ogunmola
The Royal Court of Ile-Ife, Osun State.
9th September, 2016.